YAY!!! Thanks very much to the talented writer/poet Derek Childs over at totalovrdose for nominating me for the the Sunshine Blogger Award! I humbly accept. 🙂 It’s an amazing feeling to know that people out there actually get enjoyment out of reading your blog and I’m very touched that I was among the ten bloggers chosen for this award! Also, to all my readers, you guys have all been awesome by commenting, liking and generally supporting CheeeseToastieandVideoGames, so I thank you all as well! I’ve loved talking to many of you so far and I hope to get a chance to interact with more of you soon.
Like the Liebster Blog Award, the ‘rules’ for accepting the award are fairly flexible. These are the main 5 as far as I know:
1. Use the award logo in a post and/or on your blog
2. Include a link back to whoever nominated you
3. Offer 10 pieces of random information about you (at least I think they’re random)
4. Nominate ten other bloggers who ‘positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.’
5. Let your nominees about their much deserved award
10 facts about me:
1. The most important thing you should know about me is that I only have one passion that’s equal to video games – cheese. I’ve never met a cheese I don’t love no matter how smelly or moldy it might be. I even like cheese that I’ve heard cheese lovers say ‘smells like feet’. It did and it was tasty.
2. I’m an MMA/Kickboxing nut and was President of the co-ed Kickboxing Society at university. I also recently got into aerial arts like silks (think Cirque de Soleil and the people hanging from long silks from the ceiling) and hoop (similar, but with a large metal hoop instead). I also learned Kendo for a while, but only with a real katana.
3. I’m an anime-lover – my favourites are Naruto, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, One Piece, Death Note and Soul Eater.
4. My favourite superhero is Batman. I always wanted to be him, except I don’t really think we’d get along. He’d probably yell at me for pushing buttons in the Batcave when I got bored.
5. I love extreme sports or anything I can do in the water like white water rafting or water-skiing (although oddly enough, I’m not a big fan of just swimming), but I don’t really like any organised sports. I prefer doing my own thing and not having to rely on anyone else. I like playing basketball, but mainly one-on-one. This all makes me sound like complete loner, but I’m actually not!
6. I’m more competitive against myself than against other people, although I am pretty competitive against others as well.
7. I can’t stand drama. I tend to like hanging out with laid back people and I like to keep things simple. You’ll always know where you stand with me.
8. I find rom-coms boring and I tend to fall asleep or just get very bored. Nothing wrong with them, but I prefer my shows/movies to be as dark and gritty as possible. I can’t help it! I’d prefer a crappy action movie over an awesome, but sappy rom-com any day.
9. I can’t really choose a favourite author, but I can narrow it down to a few: Douglas Adams, Jasper Fforde, Terry Pratchett and Richard Morgan.
10. My favourite TV shows (again, it’s way too hard to narrow it down to one) are Game of Thrones, Arrested Development, The Walking Dead, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica, Monk, Star Trek: The Original Series
For more info on me, check out my about page of the interview I recently did for the amazing duo over at Wrong Button Blog.
For this award I nominate the 10 awesome mostly game bloggers (though not exclusively) below. Please check them out! They all have something special to offer that keeps me coming back time after time and it doesn’t hurt that they’re all very nice people: